Allies Against Abuse – Devon Network
Date: 7th December 2017
Time: 6:00 - 8:00pm
Venue: City Gate Hotel, Iron Bridge, Exeter EX4 3RB
The Allies Against Abuse – Devon network is a new movement to bring together people (both professionals and community representatives) who are passionate about engaging men and boys in the campaign to end domestic abuse and sexual violence. The objectives of the network are to:
- Engage men and boys as allies with women, girls and non-binary people in prevention strategies.
- Raise community awareness of the problem and how we can change it.
- Engage diverse communities, workplaces and organisations in violence prevention strategies and projects.
- Engage men in positions of power and leadership as allies.
- Respectfully challenge behaviours and attitudes that are supportive of violence within the network and our spheres of influence.
- Disseminate information through the network on how we can prevent violence.
Led by SAFE (Stop Abuse For Everyone), a domestic abuse support service in Devon, the network is supported by the Diocese of Exeter and several other organisations as we share the common aim to see communities in Devon freed from domestic abuse and sexual violence. To this end we invite you to an open meeting for anyone interested in the network on 7th December. Drop in between 6pm and 8pm for a chat about Allies Against Abuse and to talk about how you might get involved in the network with our Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Phill Parker.
Find out more about Allies Against Abuse – Devon network here: https://www.safe-services.org.uk/engaging-boys-and-men