A network of mission resource hubs across the diocese to enable and resource growth in fresh expressions and renewed-expressions of church. The hubs are coordinated by lay/ordained leaders, supported by the Diocesan Mission enabler, Children and Family Advisor and Youth Advisor. See team page for contact details.
Mission Shed Gatherings 2017 dates:
OCTOBER 17th, 7PM: THE BOSTON TEA PARTY HONITON: EAST DEVON MISSION SHED LAUNCH EVENING!
Our fourth Mission Shed resource hub for ordained and lay leaders, teams and individuals for inspiration, encouragement, learning, sharing experiences and our stories that will encourage and equip us to deepen in prayer, serve our communities and make new disciples – We’d love to welcome you there.
North Devon: October 12th – 7pm at St. John the Baptist, Newport, Barnstaple
Three pilot hubs:
Plymouth – Coordinators: Revd Jennie Appleby, Phil Baul (Church Army), Ruth Sayers (CMS Mission Partner Devonport)
North Dartmoor – Coordinator: Revd Paul Seaton Burn
Our vision is to launch more hubs as we gain experience and learning from the Pilots to:
- Share good practice in growing church through a renewed-expression or fresh expression of church
- Encourage the initiation of new and growth of existing Fresh Expressions of Church or new initiatives
- Provide a learning community where Pioneers and Incumbents (and especially lay practitioners / teams) seeking to become more pioneering can learn from each other, be assisted, and energised for mission and growth
- Provide or identify resource partnerships for those hoping to trial a Fresh Expression of Church or re-expression of inherited church that shows potential for growth
- Enable intentional learning together (Missional learning communities) – prayer, church planting, discipleship, evangelism etc.
- Mission shaped Initiation – encourage calling out of individuals and potential teams
- Mission shaped ministry – training or lay leaders and teams
- Mentoring / Coaching for teams and leaders
- Accompany – ‘travel’ alongside and with others seeking to develop and grow
- Encourage and enable ‘Re-Expression’ (Renewed expressions of inherited church models – A way of growth that comes from taking elements from others that will work in inherited church and responding to ‘come to us’ opportunities that already exist ie developing all-age worship and cafe services and other ways of exploring how to make the most of ‘come to us’ opportunities for evangelism.