A network of mission resource hubs across the diocese to enable and resource growth in fresh expressions and renewed-expressions of church. The hubs are coordinated by lay/ordained leaders, supported by the Diocesan Mission enabler, Children and Family Advisor and Youth Advisor. See team page for contact details.
Mission Shed Gatherings 2017 dates so far:
North Devon Feb 23rd / May 11th / October 12th
Plymouth March 4th / May 8th / Sept 18th
West Devon (Okehampton Hub) Jan 25th / April 26th
Three pilot hubs:
Plymouth – Coordinators: Revd Jennie Appleby, Phil Baul (Church Army), Ruth Sayers (CMS Mission Partner Devonport)
North Dartmoor – Coordinator: Revd Paul Seaton Burn
Our vision is to launch more hubs as we gain experience and learning from the Pilots to:
- Share good practice in growing church through a renewed-expression or fresh expression of church
- Encourage the initiation of new and growth of existing Fresh Expressions of Church or new initiatives
- Provide a learning community where Pioneers and Incumbents (and especially lay practitioners / teams) seeking to become more pioneering can learn from each other, be assisted, and energised for mission and growth
- Provide or identify resource partnerships for those hoping to trial a Fresh Expression of Church or re-expression of inherited church that shows potential for growth
- Enable intentional learning together (Missional learning communities) – prayer, church planting, discipleship, evangelism etc.
- Mission shaped Initiation – encourage calling out of individuals and potential teams
- Mission shaped ministry – training or lay leaders and teams
- Mentoring / Coaching for teams and leaders
- Accompany – ‘travel’ alongside and with others seeking to develop and grow
- Encourage and enable ‘Re-Expression’ (Renewed expressions of inherited church models – A way of growth that comes from taking elements from others that will work in inherited church and responding to ‘come to us’ opportunities that already exist ie developing all-age worship and cafe services and other ways of exploring how to make the most of ‘come to us’ opportunities for evangelism.