Acting Headteacher – The Beacon Church of England (V.A.) Primary School
Salary L8 - L13 £46,799 - £52,930 (Group 2)
Organisation: DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
Work Location: 1 Beacon Place, Exmouth, Devon EX8 2SR
Pupils on Roll: 199
Occupational group: School Leadership
Job term: Fixed Term
Appointment type: Full Time
Tel: 01395 264300
Required to start 16 April 2018.
The Beacon Church of England (V.A.) Primary School requires an Acting Headteacher for the Summer Term 2018 with a possibility this will be extended pending a permanent appointment. We are a successful school with dedicated staff and Governors who value the good reputation and working relationships we have with our families and within the local community.
We wish to appoint an Acting Headteacher, whilst Governors seek to appoint a new Headteacher,
For the Acting Headteacher position, we are looking to appoint someone who can use their experience to:
– Monitor and evaluate teaching and learning, with the ability to lead improvements in this;
– Empower children to be successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens;
– Develop further pupil tracking and assessment;
– Ensure high standards of behaviour and promote a positive learning environment;
– Value and uphold the distinctive Christian nature of our school;
– Demonstrate effective work with all stakeholders;
– Be pro-active and positive thinking, with the ability to enthuse children and colleagues;~
– Oversee the maintenance of strong systems regarding finances, building and health and safety;
– Put children’s learning, safety and welfare at the heart of the school.
We warmly welcome informal visits. Please contact Debbie Hewett in the school office on 01395 264300 to make arrangements for a tour of the school.
The successful candidate will be a Christian committed to upholding the Christian foundation of the school.
Applicants seeking secondment must have the approval of their Governing Board before applying for this post.
For an information pack and application form contact Babcock LDP on 01392 287296 or email LDPemail@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.