Chair of the Diocesan Advisory Committee (DAC)
Closing date for applications: 31st August 2018
Interview date: 19th September 2018
This is a voluntary role for which travelling and other expenses will be provided in accordance with Diocesan policy.
The Diocesan Advisory Committee helps parishes to manage any kind of change to their church buildings. All deliberations are undertaken with the aim of balancing care and conservation with enabling worship and mission. The committee is mindful of the need to assist the real work of parishes and their communities.
We are looking for an experienced and committed individual to be the Independent Chair of the Diocesan Advisory Committee.
The role includes the following;
- To manage the DAC in an effective and professional manner, maintaining appropriate confidentiality in respect of its business, and ensuring it fulfils its stated purposes.
- To chair formal meetings efficiently, including the setting of agendas, approval of minutes and timely management of business.
- To ensure that all proposals before the committee are properly and effectively considered, paying attention to appropriate specialist advice.
- To report to the Diocesan Bishop and work closely with the Archdeacons, Registrar, Chancellor and DAC Secretary.
- To be involved when the DAC provides training for churchwardens and others responsible for the care and development of church buildings.
- To make himself/herself known to inspecting architects and surveyors in the diocese.
For an informal conversation please contact Annemarie Kendell, Executive Assistant to the Diocesan Secretary on 01392 294901.
To apply for this role please email a copy of your CV, along with a covering letter to Annemarie Kendell.
A role description is attached.