Deputy Director of Education
Salary Circa £52,000
Closing date for applications: 3rd January 2018
Interview date: 15th January 2018
Looking for a fresh challenge? This is an exciting new post that will strengthen our ability to support and challenge our growing family of church schools.
Following a formal restructuring of our work we are pleased to be recruiting a Deputy Director of Education who will work with our recently appointed Director to:
- promote the highest standards of education in our Diocesan schools;
- lead the further development of school improvement services to schools, academies and academy trusts;
- build effective partnerships with MATs, teaching schools, Federations, Local Authorities and other dioceses;
- line-manage the diocesan education team;
- actively support and promote a distinctively Christian, community focused vision for education that serves the common good;
- lead, coordinate, monitor and “quality assure” the work of external consultants.
The person appointed will:
- have recent significant senior leadership and management experience in schools, local government or equivalent, (e.g. Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher with substantial responsibilities);
- have energy, creativity and an entrepreneurial flair;
- be a team player as well as a pace setter;
- be able to engage with and inspire a range of audiences.
An occupational requirement exists for the post-holder to be a practising Christian of a denomination that is a member of Churches Together in England.
Further details are available here: Deputy Director Application Pack; EDBE Annual Report 2016-17; Education Team structure. For an informal conversation about the post, please contact John Searson, Director of Education, on 01392 294936.
An application form, job description and person specification are also attached (top left of page). Completed application forms should be returned by email to the Recruitment email address.