Net Zero Grants – Give 2 Go Green
Give 2 Go Green is a new grant fund to help churches install measures that reduce their carbon emissions.
Application are now closed for this round.
We recently ran a webinar sharing more information about Give 2 Go Green and answering any questions about it. Click here to watch the webinar.
Churches can access a 50% grant towards their project if they can raise the other 50% through a digital giving (through Give A Little) campaign during a targeted 6-week campaign during February and March. Ideally, this grant should cover the total cost of the project so you can get straight on with implementing it after you receive your grant.
This is a pilot project; the funding is provided by the Church of England’s Net Zero Carbon Programme. We’ll be monitoring how well this approach works.
What can be funded?
- Carbon-cutting projects worth £5k, £10k or £20k.
- Eg: quick win projects to improve heating efficiency, fixing broken windows, heated seat cushions, solar PV (if you’ve done other efficiency measures), insulation, electrical upgrades, LED lights, pew heaters, draught proofing etc. A list of eligible measures can be found in the Project Pack
- Other measures not on the list can be considered, if it has been recommended for your church to reduce energy and carbon.
What do you need to do?
- Log into your Parish Buying account (free to register) to read the Project Pack for all the information. https://parishbuying.org.uk/givetogogreen
- Set up a small project team, and set up a Give A Little account if you don’t have one.
- Think about your project, ideally you’ll need to get three quotes – but if you have a good project and only estimated costs please consider applying. If you have an independent energy audit you can use the cost estimates from here unless they differ substantially from the other quotes. You can also use the Sensible Cost Assumptions document on the Parish Buying webpage.
- Submit your application by the 19th November 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Sophie Phillips about eligibility and projects. Email Sophie
Brigit Kiyaga for questions about online giving. Email Brigit
Q: Can we use funds that we have already raised towards this?
A: Yes. But you will need to be able to break your whole project into smaller parts that still make sense, and then use Give 2 Go Green for a defined smaller project within the main project, you can’t get a matched grant on your previous fundraising. For example, if you are planning on installing solar PV and LED lighting, if your costs are £5k PV panels, £2k LEDs, £3k enabling works. The overall project cost is £10k. But you already have £5k from a previous fundraise or a legacy donation. You can allocate the previous funding to the enabling works and LEDs, so now you just have a £5k project for Give 2 Go Green, and you’ll need to only raise £2500, to get the matched £2500 and reach the overall project total.