Safeguarding Policies and Guidance
The following page contains safeguarding information, policies and guidance for all churches, parishes, mission communities and other Church of England bodies within the Diocese of Exeter.
- Diocesan Safeguarding Policy 2021 incorporating safeguarding policy statement and commitment to Safer Recruitment.
- Diocesan Whistleblowing Policy relating to raising concerns about anyone undertaking activities on behalf of Diocese of Exeter
- Safeguarding complaints policy and procedure: guidance on how to make a formal complaint about the Safeguarding service provided by the Diocese of Exeter.
- National Church Institutions Safeguarding Privacy Notice: This privacy notice explains what to expect when the NCIs collect your personal information.
Diocesan Safeguarding Guidance:
- Flowchart: Responding to concerns about a child or adult at risk: a simple flowchart summarising the initial actions to be taken when you are in possession of information regarding a safeguarding situation.
- Confidentiality – Information Sharing Guidance for Clergy and Parishes: guidance on how safeguarding information should be handled.
- What happens when an offender wants to worship at your church: guidance on how to respond if you become aware of an offender (or someone else who poses a risk) who is worshiping or wants to worship in your church.
- Safeguarding and Data Protection: detailed guidance on how and why Safeguarding data is held and processed in the Diocese of Exeter in line with GDPR and the UK Data Protection Bill, including data retention periods.
Church of England Safeguarding Policies and Practice Guidance:
Church of England Safeguarding Templates and Resources:
SCIE Audit 2017/18:
SCIE Audit – Diocese of Exeter Summary: This summary explains the SCIE audit that took place in November 2017 in the Diocese of Exeter.
SCIE Report: The Social Care Institute for Excellence’s final report on the Diocese of Exeter’s audit, published in February 2018.
Seeking to Raise a Concern or Make a Complaint About Your Experience of the Safeguarding Service Provision in the Diocese of Exeter?
If you have a concern over the service being provided by the Diocese of Exeter with regard to Safeguarding, we are open to feedback and would encourage you to phone 01392 345909 or email the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Charlie Pitman, to discuss your concerns.