Exploring Christian Spirituality and Spiritual Accompaniment Course
This course is open to members of any Christian denomination who seek to grow in their own spirituality and to enable others to do likewise.
Aims and Objectives
To equip and support those seeking to accompany others on their Christian journey on an individual basis, or in a congregational setting. The first year is intended for all those who are involved or wish to be involved in the spiritual life of their church community. The option to continue to the second year will be for those who wish to offer spiritual accompaniment (see below).
- To explore spirituality through the wisdom and traditions of the Christian Church from biblical times to the present day.
- To develop skills in listening to one another and to God.
- To explore how insights gained can be used in different settings.
To develop gifts, already discerned, in accompanying others and to equip people in the task of individual accompaniment by
- gaining further understanding of the spiritual journey and the difficulties that may be encountered.
- increasing knowledge of the process of spiritual accompaniment – boundaries, accountability, contract and review, interface with counselling, confidentiality and the development of reflective practice.
- growing in self-awareness.
Please note that entry into the second year is for a smaller number and is not automatic but subject to a separate application process.
How do I find out more or book a place?
For further information about the course email David Runcorn.