Employment Law Seminars: March 2020
In response to the ever growing complexities of employment law the People (HR) Team has developed a one day seminar to help people in Parishes understand their responsibilities when employing staff.
- To provide attendees with useful and concise information to help them understand current laws regarding employment.
- To provide clarity on line manager and employee roles within the Church context.
- To equip attendees with the skills and knowledge to respond well to employment issues concerning employees.
- To familiarise attendees with key employment law responsibilities for employers and employees.
- To examine the fundamental issues of employment law within a church context.
- To provide attendees with information regarding where to obtain further materials if required.
Key Topics Include:
- Equal Opportunities
- Employee Rights
- Illegal Working
- Pay and Tax
- Insurance and Safety
- Recruitment and Selection
- Employment contracts Time:
- Data Protection
- Conflicts of roles and boundaries
Who should attend?
- PCC members who are responsible for employing and supervising parish employees
The seminars will be conducted in a lively manner, promoting attendee engagement with topical employment law issues through the discussion of news, problem based learning and teamwork.
What dates and where are the seminars?
- Plymouth – Tuesday, 3 March 2020: St Mark’s Church, 1 Sanctuary Close, Plymouth PL2 1EN
- Exeter – Saturday, 7 March 2020: The Old Deanery, Exeter, EX1 1HS
- Totnes, Monday 9 March 2020: St Mary the Virgin Church, Waverley Road, Abbotsbury, Newton Abbot, TQ12 2ND
- Barnstaple – Thursday, 12 March 2020: Holy Trinity Church, Barnstaple, EX32 9HQ
- 10am – 4pm (registration from 9.30am)