DBS Administration Resources
Prior to starting your role as Parish DBS Evidence Checker please initially familiarise yourself with the DBS Evidence Checker Process Flowchart which outlines the whole process of Parish DBS Evidence checking. As well as inviting applicants to start their DBS application on the Thirtyone:Eight e-bulk system and verifying their ID, Parish DBS Evidence Checkers also need to send information about each application to Diocesan staff to ensure the final parts of the DBS check are completed.
New Parish DBS Evidence Checkers (or those needing a refresher) should also watch our DBS Evidence Checker training video that walks you through the main elements of completing DBS checks in the Diocese of Exeter.
- Parish DBS Evidence Checker Registration Form: Please complete and email to us to register a new/additional Parish DBS evidence checker.
- Confidential Declaration Form: To be amended with your parish/church details and completed by everyone who needs an Enhanced DBS check – a copy is then retained by the church/parish.
- DBS Disclosure Cover Sheet: To be completed by Parish DBS evidence checkers at the same time as an applicants ID is checked and then emailed to the relevant Archdeacon’s PA immediately to ensure the application is completed and sent to DBS for checking.
- Parish Information Log: To be started by Parish DBS Evidence Checker and completed by the Parish Safeguarding Rep to record completion of the DBS and track renewal.
- Recruiters Guide – Thirtyone:Eight E-bulk System: A guide for Parish DBS Evidence checkers on how to use Thirtyone:Eight’s online system to complete DBS evidence checking.
- Applicant Guide for Enhanced Disclosures A guide for applicants on how to start their Enhanced DBS check using the ThirtyOne:Eight online system.
- Applicant Guide for Basic Disclosure: A guide for applicants on how to start their Basic DBS check using the ThirtyOne:Eight online system
- Notes on Basic Disclosures for DBS Evidence Checkers: Diocese of Exeter specific notes for DBS Verifiers on how to complete a Basic Disclosure check. .
- Notes on Basic Disclosures for Applicants: Diocese of Exeter specific notes for applicants to read alongside the Applicant Guide on how to apply for a Basic DBS check.
- DBS Code of Practice: Disclosure and Barring Service code on information exchanged between DBS and registered bodies.
A broader bank of resources around Safer Recruitment are available from our Safer Recruitment Resources page.
Back to Safeguarding Resources page.