Domestic Abuse Resources
- Domestic Abuse Awareness Module – Covid-19 Guidance: an interactive module with links to helpful information and videos.
- Domestic Abuse – National Resources and Advice: contact details for domestic abuse information and support services.
- Domestic Abuse – Parish Statement template: a template statement for parishes to complete to make a clear statement on their position in opposition to domestic abuse and their intention to support victims.
- Domestic Abuse – The Legal Context: an explanation of the legal protections victims of abuse can seek to access.
- Domestic Abuse – Marriage Preparation: guidance for clergy on confronting issues around abuse when supporting couples in preparation for marriage.
- Domestic Abuse – Theology Clarification: a table setting out counter-points to common Bible passages that are miss-used to condone abuse.
- Domestic Abuse – Restored Pack for Churches: a resource to support local churches in tackling domestic abuse in their church and community.
- Domestic Abuse – In Churches Too: a report from the Universities of Leicester and Coventry, commissioned by Restored, that is the first meaningful study of domestic abuse in Church communities. The report highlights how domestic abuse is as prevalent in Church lives as in the wider community and gives some direction on how churches should respond.
- Domestic Abuse – Policy Statement 2018: foreword by the Bishop of Exeter and theological statement.
Domestic Abuse – Discreet Contact Posters
Please display the relevant poster for your locality on the back of toilet doors or other discreet locations where people can privately and safely take the number they need to get help. Use scissors to cut vertical slits between the telephone numbers at the bottom to produce tear-off tabs that people can pull off and keep somewhere safe.
- DA Discreet Contact Poster Devon
- DA Discreet Contact Poster Plymouth
- DA Discreet Contact Poster Torbay
Back to Safeguarding Resources page.