Parish Toolkit for Safeguarding
- Parish Safeguarding Policy Statement template: your parish is advised to adopt this template policy statement based on the House of Bishops safeguarding policy.
- Parish Contact Poster: template poster for sharing Safeguarding contact details in church buildings (pages 2, 3 & 4 are specific to your local authority area).
- Safeguarding Action Plan Checklist for Parishes: an audit you should undertake in your church to produce an action plan for continual improvement in safeguarding practice and procedures. (This hard copy action plan is equivalent to Level 1 on the Parish Safeguarding Dashboard – parishes should be moving towards using the online dashboard.)
- Change of Safeguarding Representative Form (C1): form to register a change of Parish Safeguarding Representative. (Provide your Safeguarding Rep with a role description so they are prepared for this key role.)
- Parish Responding to Safeguarding Allegations or Concerns Procedure Template: a simple template to help your parish set out the basic procedure for how church officers should respond to a Safeguarding concern in your local church context.
- Church Building Lettings Safeguarding Statement: appendix to add to lettings forms to cover safeguarding responsibility when church premises are hired.
- PCC Use of photographs of children policy (template): policy for the Safe Use of Children’s Photographs.
- Guidance on safeguarding whilst using videoconferencing platforms for ministry
- Model Registration Form: template form to use for registering the details of children and young people attending groups or activities at your church.
- Examples of Risk Assessments: These assessment templates are not suitable for use without editing, but are a starting point for you to tailor to fit your local context.
Back to Safeguarding Resources page.