Sharing Good Practice
PLYMSTOCK & HOOE – Lent and Easter 2015
- On the Monday before Easter, we hosted the children from a local primary school, Goosewell, where they experienced ‘an Easter Journey’, as we took them from Palm Sunday to Easter Day.
- On Palm Sunday, we held a Mission Community service where the congregation was invited to write prayers on palm leaves, and attach them to the cross.
- On Good Friday, we held an all-age crafts, coffee and hot cross buns event in our church hall.
- On Easter Day, the congregation was given a daffodil each as a sign of our risen life with Jesus.
‘SACRED SPACES’ – an initiative of St Mary’s and St John’s churches, Totnes, on the 1st Sunday evening of the month, Sacred Spaces is designed to suit anyone who finds they do not relate to conventional, traditional forms of worship but who is looking for different ways to encounter God and to respond to a sense of the Holy.
- This Advent Sacred Space (2014) was based on the Iona book ‘Cloth for the cradle’: The season and journey of Advent is an expectant time of waiting and preparation for Christmas, the birth of Jesus. This Sacred Space provides an opportunity to pause in the midst of preparations for Christmas to reflect on this season and to prepare for the coming of the Light.
‘HOLY GROUND’ – Exeter Cathedral, second Sunday evening of the month 7 – 9pm
Holy Ground is for anyone who is interested in engaging with Christian spirituality in a contemplative and creative way and who perhaps finds more traditional models of church a little inaccessible. Holy Ground offers an opportunity to engage in Christian worship, matters of Christian concern and prayer to those who are interested in the Christian faith but would not necessarily call themselves Christian. Holy Ground provides an environment where questions can be asked, worship expressed and prayers offered without any expectation of becoming ‘a member’, friendships can be made and faith journey explored. Holy Ground is for anyone interested in creative approaches to worship and prayer.