The Exeter Diocesan Board of Education’s EDBE Strategic Plan 2013 to 2018 outlines how we will support those who engage with us in the task of educating and forming young people of the Diocese through:
- Working with all of those involved in education to make our schools stand at the very heart of the mission and ministry of the Diocese
- Forming and creating community which gives testimony to the power of God’s love
- Witnessing to God’s love and being agents of that love in and for all people
- Telling the story of God’s transforming love revealed in its fullness in the person and work of Jesus Christ
- Underlining the essential gift from God as being made in His image and therefore nurturing a distinctive understanding of what it is to be fully human.
EDBE Mission Statement:
As a Board of Education we are a fully integrated part of the witness, mission and ministry of the Diocese of Exeter seeking to serve all the people of Devon in accordance with the diocesan Mission Action Plan. We see a real opportunity for church schools (in partnership with all other places of education, training and formation) to serve the communities in which they are set and therefore we are committed to actively promoting creative relationships between the parishes/mission communities of the Diocese and all of the schools for which we currently have, or in the future might have, responsibility.