0.5 Assistant Priest in the Mission Community of Bideford and the four Villages
Closing date for applications: 30th September 2019
Interview date: 29th & 30th October
Bideford and the four Villages, Mission Community
Assistant Priest (0.5)
‘Seeking first the Kingdom of God’ in this wonderful part of North Devon!
We are looking for an ordained colleague to work with us in the lively Church of St Mary’s Bideford; contributing to the general ministry and mission to our town and focusing particularly on the relationships we have with families and looking to develop tools for discipleship to those under 50.
You will have the prayerful and practical support of an experienced Team Rector, Team Vicar, two Readers, and a part time self- supporting Minister and PTO, the PCC’s, parish administrator and committed lay leaders.
We are very excited by this new post and feel that it provides a great opportunity to ‘grow the Kingdom’, particularly among the young and middle aged. We are looking for someone who will:
- Prayerfully listen to the needs and expectations of families and the under 50’s
- Be an effective communicator in today’s culture
- Use creativity and imagination to support the team in offering innovative forms of discipling, teaching and worship.
- Identify and signpost families to the next stage in their journey of discipleship
- Develop ‘home groups’ where families can grow and be nurtured in the knowledge and love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Be an enabling priest who helps people grow in confidence in their faith
For more information please click here
For further details contact:
Archdeacon of Barnstaple: 01271 375475 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal conversation contact: The Revd (Prebendary) Claire Rose-Casemore, Team Rector: 01237 475765
Application deadline: October 7th 2019
Orientation & Interviews: October 29th & 30th 2019
Post subject to clear enhanced DBS