Project Officer for Growing the Rural Church
Salary £30,000 - £32,000 Depending on Experience
Closing date for applications: 11:59pm on 6th September 2019
Interview date: 20/09/2019
Hours: 36.25 hours per week
The Diocese of Exeter matches almost exactly the boundaries of the county of Devon, including Torbay and Plymouth. We are a family of Christians, worshipping God in many different settings and groups. We are led by the Bishop of Exeter, and governed by Diocesan Synod which is made up of representatives from across the Diocese.
The central office is the Old Deanery, Exeter, where there is a team of around 50 Diocesan staff whose work is arranged to focus on a number of the goals of the Diocesan vision and strategy, ‘Grow in Prayer, Make new Disciples and Serve the People of Devon with Joy’.
These staff work in the following teams: Education, Mission & Ministry, Church & Society, Communications, Property & Church Buildings, Finance, Safeguarding, Vocations, Synod Office, Archdeacons Secretaries, Counselling & Pastoral Care Service and our exciting new Growing the Rural Church Project.
To arrange an informal discussion about this role please contact us by email email@example.com by phone: Sarah Cracknell, Project Manager 07590 443905 or, if unavailable Sam Upham, Project Officer 07889 542631 or by post:
The Old Deanery,
In conjunction with the Project Manager and Project Support Officer (GtRC):
- Initiate, develop and support projects which increase the sustainability of the diocese’s rural churches.
- Provide expertise, support and enthusiasm to develop business planning and promote a wide range of successful fundraising activities and grant applications for rural churches.
- Build strong relationships with key agencies and personnel across the diocese, and work with GtRC team to communicate GtRC’s aims and success in achieving these.
- Ensure all projects are underpinned by effective, efficient and appropriate information and data, and monitored according to GtRC processes.
Key Aspects of Role:
The Project Officer role requires a high degree of proficiency across the domains of:
- Mission Community and Parish relationship building
- Information and data management
- Multi agency team working
The Project Officer will be required to apply for a Basic disclosure certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service in connection with this role.
Extensive travel will be involved due to the geographical location of parishes with regular out of hours working at evening and weekends.
To apply please click here