Priest in charge: Abbotskerswell, Coffinswell and Kingskerswell
Closing date for applications: 28th January 2019
Interview date: 12 & 13 February 2019
The parishes of the Three Wells Mission Community are entering a new stage of collaboration after a long incumbency, offering strong foundations with much potential for growth. Our vision is to live the Gospel through worship, loving service and engagement with the whole community.
We seek to work together with a parish priest who will:
- as a teacher, foster Christian knowledge and insight
- as a youth worker, engage with young people and schools
- as a leader and enabler, inspire and develop our ministry
- as a team player, encourage the strengths and gifts of others
- as a visionary, bring fresh ideas to our worship and service
Our suburban and rural communities are located on the outskirts of Newton Abbot and Torbay, close to the Devon coast and Dartmoor and with excellent transport links to the rest of the UK. The Vicarage and separate parish office are in Kingskerswell.
The new priest will be appointed initially as priest-in-charge and he or she is expected to become incumbent once current pastoral reorganisation is complete.
For an informal conversation, please email the Ven Douglas Dettmer.
The appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.