CLERGY VACANCIES IN THE SID VALLEY MISSION COMMUNITY
Closing date for applications: 24th April 2019
Interview date: 21st May 2019
CLERGY VACANCIES IN THE
SID VALLEY MISSION COMMUNITY
Patrons: CPAS and Exeter Cathedral
– looking for an exciting opportunity to assist in the growth of a lively Team Ministry?
– interested in building good relationships between church and community?
– passionate in helping people grow as disciples of Jesus Christ?
Then God may be calling you to become a Team Vicar in the Sid Valley!
Comprising 5 parishes (6 churches) in the attractive seaside town of Sidmouth and the Sid Valley, there are 3 stipendiary posts, two of which are vacant; plus 1 SSM and a Children’s and Youth Minister who work across the Mission Community. The intention is to appoint 2 Team Vicars.
Applicants should not only be rooted in scripture, prayer and the sacraments, but able to work together effectively to share their particular gifts across the Mission Community. You should also be:
• able to lead and extend the mission and ministry of the Church, enjoying the challenge of this in both rural and urban contexts.
• a creative preacher and teacher with a thoughtful and lively outlook on faith which can be offered across a spectrum of traditions.
• a visionary and strategic leader, encouraging the various congregations to work together in their parishes and across the Mission Community where you will be a visible presence.
For an application pack please contact:
The Archdeacon of Exeter – Tel: 01392 425577
Email: The Archdeacon
Closing date: 24 April
Interviews: for Team Vicar 21 May 2019
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.