Diocesan Ecumenical Officer
Closing date for applications: 31st January 2021
Do you have the experience, understanding and vision to encourage ecumenism around the diocese of Exeter? Could you have 1-2 days per month to give to support the work of the churches in Devon? Then this could be the role for you.
This important voluntary (unpaid) position is a Portfolio role, and is open to both lay and ordained people with some knowledge of and interest in ecumenical relationships.
As Diocesan Ecumenical Officer you will:
• Work with mission communities and deaneries to enable local ecumenism – often in partnership with ecumenical officers from other churches and with Churches Together in Devon (CTD)
• Draw attention to the ecumenical dimension in the life of the diocese.
• Serve on the CTD board with the Bishop of Crediton (meeting 4 times p.a.)
• Advise the senior staff and local clergy/lay leaders on ecumenical matters
• Keep in touch with ecumenical developments locally and nationally
• Liaise with the County Ecumenical Officer
• Attend the Archdeaconry Mission and Pastoral Committees as required.
• Attend the Bishop’s Council as required.