Northmoor Team Ministry: Team Vicar
Closing date for applications: 24th August 2018
Interview date: 25th & 26th September 2018
Covering over 150 square miles of beautiful West Devon countryside, the Northmoor Team on Dartmoor’s northern edge is served by a Rector and two Team Vicars, a supportive group of lay and ordained colleagues, and dedicated church communities. The Team Vicar for the five parishes of the Northern Group lives in Hatherleigh, a bustling small market town. There is strong potential for growth spiritually, numerically and in service of others.
The team looks forward to welcoming a priest with a love of rural community life and a call to rural ministry. He or she will be:
- someone with strong people skills, keen to be involved locally
- a relevant, accessible communicator and a good listener
- at home in both traditional and innovative forms of worship
- equally skilled in leading from the front and in encouraging the ministry of others
- able to share a vision for work with children and young families
- up for a challenge and eager to explore possibilities
For an informal conversation about the post, please email the Ven Douglas Dettmer or tel: (01626) 832064.
The appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.