Priest-in-Charge for the Offwell Mission Community
Closing date for applications: 5th April 2020
Interview date: Current interview date: 22/4
The Bishop of Exeter is looking to appoint a House for Duty Priest-in-Charge for the Offwell Mission Community comprising the parishes of Offwell, Widworthy and Farway.
We are small group of parishes working together, as part of the Honiton Deanery in the Diocese of Exeter, and located in the East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty about 8 miles from the Jurassic Coast.
The post is for 2 days per week plus Sunday services.
We are looking to appoint a committed and compassionate priest who will:
- be community minded and develop networks of relationships in our rural communities;
- support the church community through change and enable creative thinking about how we reach out to our communities;
- nurture individuals in their own ministry and encourage collaborative working across the PCCs;
- preach with sensitivity and understanding, communicating the Gospel in a way that will help us make a difference to the lives of people in this beautiful part of Devon.
- enable the Church community as we grow in depth and breadth;
- be resilient, caring and sociable.
Profile and Application Form attached. Please feel free to contact the Ven. Andrew Beane, Archdeacon of Exeter for an informal conversation about this post.
Email: email@example.com – Tel: 01392 425577
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We aim to be a diverse and truly representative Diocese, and particularly welcome applications from women and those from black and minority ethnic groups. Not only is Devon a beautiful place to call home, but we believe the Diocese of Exeter is a great community to be a part of. We look forward to welcoming you to the family.