Priest-in -Charge Leading the Five Alive East Devon Mission Community
Closing date for applications: 8th June 2021
Interview date: 1st July 2021
Beautiful villages, glorious countryside and welcoming communities await you!
Located in East Devon and bordering on Dorset and Somerset, in an AONB, we have great road and main line rail links. We are just minutes away from the historic market towns of Axminster and Honiton and a few miles from the stunning Jurassic coastline.
Our Mission Community is comprised of 5 distinct rural communities around the Axe Valley with a happy mix of longstanding, mainly farming families and those who have ‘escaped to the country’.
We seek a PRIEST who:
- will lead us in implementing change to achieve our vision for sharing God’s love and care for the whole community;
- is passionate about rural ministry, a great communicator with a friendly approach;
- will be a spiritual leader, rooted in prayer and eager to nurture and grow our faith;
- is a team player with a heart to enable and equip others;
- values the broad traditions of the church and is willing to work ecumenically.
In turn we offer enthusiastic lay, administrative and Deanery support, a 4 bedroom modern vicarage with great views across the Axe Valley, an easily maintained garden, good local schools, plenty of social activities, a spare pair of wellington boots and a very warm welcome!
For the application form please click here
Contact the Ven. Andrew Beane, Archdeacon of Exeter, for an informal conversation
Phone: 01392 425577 or Email
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We aim to be a diverse and truly representative Diocese, and particularly welcome applications from women and those from black and minority ethnic groups. Not only is Devon a beautiful place to call home, but we believe the Diocese of Exeter is a great community of which to be a part. We look forward to welcoming you to the family.