Priest‐in‐Charge for the United Benefice of Lifton
The Lifton Benefice is formed from six parishes, Lifton, Broadwoodwidger, Stowford, Lewtrenchard, Thrushelton and Kelly with Bradstone, situated in rural West Devon on the Cornish border (see attached Benefice Profile). We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed and experienced priest‐in‐charge who will provide leadership and help us both to grow our congregations and to reach out in love and service to the communities which we serve.
The six parishes each have their own traditions and beautiful ancient churches in rolling Devon countryside which is easily accessible from the A30 main road and less than an hour to the cathedral city of Exeter.
We are seeking to appoint a Priest‐in‐charge who will:
- be a visible presence in the community and the schools in the Benefice with an understanding of the place of the church within the community
- be passionate about the challenges and opportunities associated with rural life and rural communities able to relate easily to churchgoers and non‐churchgoers alike
- be committed to whole church ministry, developing and valuing the gifts of others
- have a flexible approach to Sunday worship whilst being sensitive to the traditions of our parishes
- have a passion for bringing people into faith, especially a new generation of younger people
In return we offer support from a retired priest; supportive congregations; a four‐bedroom Rectory in a village with a school and lots of community activities; a beautiful area in which to live and work and welcoming communities.
The Lifton Benefice works alongside the Milton Abbot Benefice as a Mission Community. We are part of the Tavistock Deanery in the Diocese of Exeter.
For an informal discussion email the Acting Archdeacon, Revd Preb Nick Shutt or tel: 01752 858382.
For an Application form, contact:
Mrs Debbie Delaney, PA to the Acting Archdeacon of Plymouth, Email or tel: 01752 858382
Enhanced DBS check required.