Team Rector, Heavitree and St Mary Steps
Closing date for applications: 6th April 2021
Interview date: 22nd April 2021
The Bishop of Exeter, Dean and Chapter, and the
Society for the Maintenance of the Faith, seek to appoint a Team Rector, Heavitree and St Mary Steps
An exciting opportunity for an experienced priest of the Anglo-Catholic tradition, with missionary zeal, to serve two diverse and well-established city parishes, in a stunning area of the westcountry.
We want to see parishes that are:
• confident in God’s grace working through the Sacraments;
• intentional in evangelism;
• serving the common good of the whole community.
We therefore seek a priest who:
• is generous and openhearted;
• is an excellent preacher, teacher, and person of prayer, committed to the centrality of the Eucharist;
• will develop a vision for the next phase of mission within the parishes;
• will work collaboratively with ordained and lay colleagues;
• is a pastor for the whole community;
• will engage with people of all ages, and especially in ministry to schools;
• is equipped to handle strategic and administrative challenges.
The PCCs have passed a resolution under the House of Bishops’ Declaration on the Ministry of Bishops and Priests.
The Diocese is aware that those from black and minority ethnic groups are currently under-represented amongst its clergy and welcomes applications from these clergy, desiring to embody a more diverse ministry.
For a conversation about the post, please contact the Ven. Andrew Beane, on (01392) 425577 or email
The appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.