TEAM RECTOR Newton Abbot Team Ministry
Closing date for applications: 31st January 2022
Interview date: 15th & 16th February 2022
One of the principal towns of Devon, between Dartmoor and the coast, Newton Abbot seeks an exceptionally able Team Rector with strategic, pastoral and collaborative gifts.
He or she will be:-
• a capable team leader, working alongside two team vicars, a curate in training, four Readers, and other lay and ordained colleagues;
• an experienced spiritual leader, joyful and prayerful;
• a priest motivated by mission who can think spiritually and strategically, with a vision for the Church in the 21st century;
• a good teacher, trainer, and communicator, able to listen well;
• a motivator with the ability and confidence to empower others;
• keen to be involved in the life of the wider community;
• willing to roll up sleeves and get stuck in at grassroots level;
• willing to take risks for the Kingdom of God.
This is a senior oversight role in a gifted team and a growing town.
Newton Abbot is on the main railway line to London Paddington, Exeter and Plymouth with good connections to the national road network. There is a comfortable modern Rectory in a quiet close.
For a conversation about the post, please contact Douglas Dettmer, Archdeacon of Totnes on (01626) 832064 or email ADT@exeter.anglican.org
The appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We aim to be a diverse and truly representative diocese, and we particularly welcome applications from women and from people of UK Minority Ethnic/Global Majority heritage.