Team Vicar in the Yealm & Erme Mission Community
Closing date for applications: 8th April 2019
Interview date: 29th & 30th April 2019
Taking the Love of Christ to all generations…
We are looking for an enthusiastic and visionary Team Vicar who is excited about helping to shape an emerging Mission Community and able to work across a diversity of worship styles (traditional to modern). We are committed to working with all ages and making new disciples, as we share the gospel with our communities.
Our six parishes are set in the beautiful backdrop of the South Hams, with its stunning coastline, rivers and countryside. The successful candidate will work in all six parishes, but have special responsibility for Wembury and Brixton, plus some specific responsibilities in Yealmpton. She or he will be based in Wembury, which boasts a popular beach and coastline, and easy access to the city of Plymouth, Dartmoor and the delights of rural South Devon. There are excellent local schools and colleges.
We are praying for a Team Vicar who will be:
- rooted in Christ, prayerful and open to the leading of the Holy Spirit
- friendly and approachable, with a pastoral heart
- a collaborative team player and enabling leader
- an engaging communicator and inspirational preacher
- able to prepare couples for weddings and families for baptism, using these opportunities as a springboard for mission
- imaginative about community engagement, and willing to work with schools and care homes
- a driver with a full driving licence
– a supportive and gifted staff team (Team Rector, Curate, Ordinand, Reader and retired clergy)
– passionate lay volunteers
– opportunities to develop pioneering ministry
– a fully refurbished four-bedroom vicarage within the parish of Wembury
For an informal discussion contact the Team Rector – Revd Anne Legge on 01752 873192 or Email.
For a Parish Profile and Application form, contact –
Mrs Debbie Delaney, PA to the Acting Archdeacon of Plymouth
Email or tel: 01752 858382.
Enhanced DBS check required.