Team Vicar in the Plympton Team Ministry
Closing date for applications: 9th April 2021
Interview date: Visit/interviews – 21st/22nd April 2021
We are seeking to appoint a stipendiary priest as Team Vicar in the Plympton Team Ministry. The person appointed will have special responsibility for the development of our mission to the wider community and for the coordination of pastoral care in this large team ministry. There is a strong commitment to collaborative ministry. Housing is provided in a modern, four-bedroom, detached vicarage.
The Plympton Team Ministry is at an exciting stage in its development and there is great scope for the development of our Mission and Ministry.
We seek a priest who is:
- A prayerful person, with a ministry based in the discipline of prayer, the Sacraments and study.
- A pastor, with a heart for all and with the ability to reach out and form positive relationships in the wider community.
- A leader, who will balance effective leadership with a passion for collaboration.
- A teacher, with the ability to inspire and lead others into greater understanding of God, the Bible and the life of the Church.
- A person with a love and understanding of Liturgy. It is important that the person appointed feels comfortable with the catholic tradition at Plympton St. Maurice. They should also be confident in developing new patterns of worship across the Team.
This Diocese is aware that those from black and minority ethnic groups and women are currently under-represented amongst its clergy and welcomes applications from these clergy, desiring to embody a more diverse ministry.
If you think this describes you and you would like further information, please contact:
The Revd Prebendary Robert Harris, Team Rector
Tel: 01752 658762 Email: email
For an informal discussion contact the Archdeacon of Plymouth – Ven Nick Shutt Tel: 01752 858382 Email
For a Parish Profile and Application form, contact – Mrs Debbie Delaney, PA to the Archdeacon of Plymouth
Email Office Tel: 01752 858382
Enhanced DBS check required