St Boniface Awards 2023
The Bishop of Exeter has established the Company of St Boniface as a way of honouring lay people who have made an outstanding contribution to the life of the Church in Devon.
Criteria for nomination as a Companion of St Boniface include:
- making a significant difference in their church community or field of ministry
- serving the wider community with joy
- innovation and entrepreneurship
- people who have built up our diocesan overseas links in our witness to Christ
- improving life for people less able to help themselves
- displaying moral courage and vision in making and delivering tough choices
- making a valuable contribution to the care of creation and/or addressing climate change
- bringing communities together
The awards are open to lay people who are worshipping members of an Anglican church in the Diocese of Exeter, but not diocesan employees. They are also open to staff, volunteers and governors of Church of England schools in the Diocese.
We are keen to encourage nominations for people aged 11-18 so please do consider young people when considering who to nominate.
Nominations will be reviewed by a panel comprising the Bishops of Exeter, Crediton and Plymouth with the Chair of the House of Laity of the Diocesan Synod. Successful nominees will be notified by the end of May.
Key dates for 2023:
Friday 21 April
End of May
Successful nominees informed
Saturday 24 June, 5:30pm
Awards service at Exeter Cathedral (with afternoon tea at 3pm in the Bishop’s Palace, Exeter)
The Bishop’s Office, The Palace Gatehouse, Palace Gate, Exeter. EX1 1HX
Email the Bishop’s Office Tel: 01392 272362