We work with and support multiple groups, locally, nationally and globally. If you would like to know more about a specific area of social justice, or to work with us, please contact Lydia Perris, the Social Justice and Creation Care Officer by email. Thank you.
We work with a small Social Justice Advisory Group to share knowledge and resources around multiple social issues. We are looking to develop focussed streams in this group, to deliver real action in each area. If you would like to know more, or get involved, please email us.
- Theos – a think tank stimulating debate about the place of religion in society, challenging and changing ideas through research, commentary and events.
- The Clewer Initiative – collaboratively working across the Church of England to end UK slavery. Inventors of the Safe Car Wash app and Hidden Voices initiative
- Hope for Justice – bring an end to modern slavery by preventing exploitation, rescuing victims, restoring lives and reforming society
- IJM – working to protect people in poverty from violence
- Inclusive Church – A network of churches, groups and individuals uniting to help the church celebrate and affirm every person. Our regional ambassadors are Rob Ponsford and Glen Graham.
- Through the Roof – a charity aiming to transform lives through Jesus with disabled people
- Talkworks – NHS talking therapy service, offering free support for anyone living in Devon (over 18).
- Mental Health First Aid. Please see this page for more details.
- Mind – a charity that provide advice and support on mental health, and campaign.
- Transforming Plymouth Together – enabling Church action for a fairer city, in collaboration with the Diocese of Exeter and Church Urban Fund.
- JustLove Exeter – a community of Exeter University Students equipping each other to pursue the biblical call to social justice.
Loneliness and isolation:
- Age UK Devon | Activities and events – Do take a look at the events and activities on offer in Devon.
- Home – Linking Lives UK – an organisation that exists to improver quality of life through friendship, by empowering and equipping churches to significantly impacts social isolation and loneliness in local communities. Do take a look at the events and activities in Devon.
- Alzheimer’s Society has great resources to help you or your loved ones with Alzheimer’s.