‘But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able thus to offer willingly? For all things come from you, and of your own have we given you.’ 1 Chronicles 29:14
Stewardship is about considering what we are and what we have as a gift from God to be used for his service: our time, our talents, our money, our possessions….all of us.
This is not easy and is definitely counter-cultural. Our giving should be an act of thanksgiving, joyous, generous – not a tip for great service!
There is a team at the Old Deanery who both support parishes and mission communities with their stewardship and also act as careful stewards of the resources that are held in common.
Please get in touch with them for support and information.
Director of Finance
Neil Williams 01392 294925
Email Neil Williams
– Annual budget and Common Fund calculation
– Annual report and accounts
– Financial policies, procedures and processes
– Financial planning
Ben Barrett 01392 294926
Email Ben Barrett
– Parish trusts
– Accounting for the Board’s trading company
– Loans to parishes
Jessica Phillips 01392 294917
Email Jessica Phillips
– Clergy matters including stipends, moves, grants and car loans
Serena Nott 01392 294949
Email Serena Nott
Cathy Thorne 01392 294914
Email Cathy Thorne
Sharon Deacon 01392 294916
Email Sharon Deacon
Mission Resources Adviser
Brigit Kiyaga 01392 294964
Email Brigit Kiyaga
– Advises on Stewardship and the Parish Giving Scheme
– Available to speak to congregations, PCCs and Deanery Synods on stewardship and giving