School Leaders Conference 2020
11 – 12 March 2020
Cornwall (Nr Plymouth)
Be inspired, learn, share and network at our School Leaders Conference.
Come along and join, as part of our family of schools, together for opportunities to be inspired, learn, share & network. We will be considering the importance of vision and actions in enabling all within our school communities to grow and flourish.
Through an exciting programme of keynotes and workshops, you’ll have the opportunity to develop your understanding and practice in areas such as sustaining vision, leadership practices, early career teacher retention, the vocabulary gap and education and much more…
- Andy Wolfe, Deputy Chief Education Officer (Leadership Development) for the Church of England.
- Professor Tanya Ovenden-Hope, Professor of Education for the University of St Mark and St John.
- Dr Rowena Passy, Senior Research Fellow, University of Plymouth.
- Professor Lee Elliot Major OBE, Professor of Social Mobility at University of Exeter.
- Katie Harrison, Teacher, RE Specialist and founder of Picture News.
- Danni Cooke, Ilsham English Hub Lead and Evie Semmens, Head at Ellacombe Church of England Academy, Learning Academy Partnership South West.
- Chris Whittington, Retreat Leader, teacher of meditation, Partner and Head of Education Law at Anthony Collins Solicitors.
- The Bishop of Exeter, the Right Reverend Robert Atwell and members of Exeter Diocesan Education Team.
This annual event is open to all school leaders including headteachers, senior leaders, chairs and governors, ex-officios, clergy and church workers who engage with young people and schools. It offers valuable time out with other senior leaders to learn, debate, and exchange ideas and best practice.
- View the Diocesan Leaders Conference 2020 Programme
- Find out more about the Diocesan Leaders Conference speakers
The conference will take place at the St Mellion International four star resort in Cornwall, just a short journey from Plymouth.
Residential delegates can enjoy full use of the leisure facilities during their stay.
We offer a range of attendance options including:
- 2 day residential delegates £295
- 2 day (non residential) delegate rate £225
- 1 day delegate rate £140
Discounted rates are available to schools that subscribe to the Diocese of Exeter Schools Service Level Agreement (SLA):
- 2 day residential delegates £250
- 2 day (non residential) delegate rate £180
- 1 day delegate rate £120
To check whether your school subscribes to the SLA, please contact us.
How to Register
Registration is now open via EventBrite. No payment is required when you register. Your school will be invoiced when the booking is confirmed. To register, please follow the link below.
Please note: in registering, you are indicating your acceptance of the fees shown above and the terms and conditions listed below.
For more information, please contact the education events team on: 01392 294 950 or email email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
- Please note that bookings for this event will be on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis.
- Please confirm special dietary requirements at time of booking. If left blank we will assume there are no requirements.
- Cancellation – In the event of cancellation, and if no other delegate can be sent as a replacement, the school will be liable for the full charge if cancelling within 4 weeks of the start of the conference.
- Booking deadline is 7 days prior to the event (Wednesday 04 March, 1200hrs) .
- The information provided with this booking will only be passed to St Mellion Resort, for the purposes of special requirements, security and safety. No other information will be shared.
- Under the General Data Protection Regulations, the Exeter Diocesan Board of Finance Limited (EDBF) as Data Controller regards the protection of personal data relating to governors, teachers and other holders of public office as a very important matter.
- If you would like a printed copy of the Data Protection Policy or Privacy Notice please do not hesitate to contact the Diocesan Education Office.
- While we understand that delegates sometimes have to withdraw at a late stage, we would be grateful if those who have to cancel would inform us immediately if they cannot attend and/or send another delegate in their place.
- In the event of cancellation, and if no other delegate can be sent as a replacement, the school will be liable for the full charge if cancelling within 4 weeks of the start of the conference.