The Parish Giving Scheme
The Parish Giving Scheme was officially launched in the Diocese of Exeter on Saturday 14th March 2015 at St Andrew’s Church, Cullompton. Since, then the scheme has gone from strength to strength with around 30% of churches now registered with the scheme and the equivalent of £1.5 million per year now going back to parishes within the Diocese of Exeter. Please see the presentation by Katie Stevenson and Sophie West below:
Benefits of the Parish Giving Scheme:
- There is no fee for the parish – it is free to join and get involved.
- Regular direct debit payments help churches plan for the future.
- Simplifies church finances.
- Saves the parish administration time.
- Increased cash flow.
- Flexibility – The scheme is able to fit a range of patterns of giving (Monthly, Quarterly or Annual).
- All donations are returned to the parish within 10 days, with Gift Aid following shortly afterwards. Gift Aid is processed automatically without any further administration by the parish.
- Opportunity for donors to increase their donation by inflation.
- Crucially, all donations are returned direct to the parish or church chosen by the donor, and cannot be used elsewhere.
If your parish is interested in registering for the scheme or would simply like to find out more please email Katie Stevenson or Telephone: 01392 294960. A registration form can be downloaded here: PGS Registration Form.
If you are already registered with the scheme and would like to order more PGS packs please also contact Katie by telephone or e-mail.
For documents relating to the PGS please go to our documents section and click on Resources and then Parish Giving Scheme in the drop down menu.